Head of Network Platforms | IT Recruitment
- Appropriate Technical degree in Information Systems/Commerce
- 5 or more years of Network Management experience in complex networking environments within large organizations.
- Appropriate Technical degree in Information Systems/Commerce
Extensive (10+ years) technical, operations, risk, and business management experience in complex large technology environments (at least 10 years of which 5 years is in a senior management role) Understanding of the:
- Current state and strategic direction of Networking Infrastructure.
- Software defined networking and automation
- Business climate and technology needs in the global enterprise servicing multiple client requirements. • IT cost management and charge out mechanisms.
- Extensive experience in managing Vendor and outsource relationships including risk and financial management.
- In depth experience in the IT environment across the areas of responsibility including but not limited to networking, physical datacenters, remote sites, and enterprise data center technologies and services)
- Dealing with enterprise customers and Global suppliers and vendors
- Negotiation across the geographies and cultures of a global organization
- Experience of a multi-vendor, multi-Client Environment.
- Management and recovery on large Infrastructure budgets
- Rest of Africa experience would be valuable.
- Cultivates Innovation
- Client Focus
- Drives Results
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Cloud Competencies
- ACI, SDWAN, Telecommunications and Call Center technology.
- Cisco, product suite, WAN, UTP Cabling, Knowledge of the Network service providers’ technologies, Wireless LAN, Mobility
- Understanding of Software Defined Data Center technologies and operating models.
- Leadership/People Management Skills
- Commercial Skills
- Strategic Thinker / Foresight
- Influencing Skills
- Communicates Effectively
- Analytical thinker with good problem-solving
- Decision Quality
- Global Perspective
- Tech Savvy
- Financial Acumen
Description of the Role:
This is a senior management role, reporting to the Head: Infrastructure, Platforms and Operations at the company. The role is primary accountable for:
- The provision of cost effective, efficient, stable, and secure network infrastructure shared services including Data/Voice/Video network (WAN/LAN/WLAN) for all participating businesses in the company Group, across the geographies of a global organization as per agreed services levels focused on Infrastructure as a Service Platforms.
- Defining and implementing the Shared Network strategy and delivering networking infrastructure services supporting the company strategy. The role will work closely across the company Group businesses, vendors, business partners and Public Cloud Service Providers to design and implement a clear roadmap for ensuring delivery of On-premises Private and Hybrid infrastructure services.
- Understanding/deep curiosity about emergent IT and Infrastructure trends, notably software-defined network, Infrastructure as Code, Hyper-convergence, DevSecOps, Containerization, Micro services, some application coding skills in addition to systems knowledge.
- Rigorous budget, cost recovery and charge back mechanisms and procedures.
- Continuous standardization, consolidation, and optimization of shared networking across the Group.
- Delivery on the Software defined strategy for WAN and Data Centre including the technology, process, and engineering to enable and maintain it.
- Managing outsourced services delivery and relationships.
- Engaging with the company Business Units to understand their strategy and business requirements to ensure alignment of the services offered.
- Technology Strategy Execution and delivery of business requirements.
- Knowledge of contracting trends, licensing models, and traditional and emerging contract and
- Vendor performance models.
- Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts, as well as a wide range of tasks.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT contract negotiation tactics and strategies.
- Inventory accuracy in support of our security, billing, and recovery objectives per instance.
- A zero-tolerance attitude to non-compliance of security framework including patch management, hardening, user access reviews and technical debt.
Understanding/deep curiosity about emergent IT, Networking and Infrastructure trends as referenced above.
- Achievement of stringent SLA’s and mean time to restore of 2 hours for business-critical systems.
- Accurate inventory of all networking platforms provisioned in the company Data Centers and Cloud platforms.
- Accountable for the provision of cost effective, efficient, stable, and secure networking shared services for all participating businesses in the company, across the geographies of a global organization as per agreed services levels.
- Ongoing Cost optimization.
- Expense and income management.
- Agile solutions delivery for new business requirements.
- Managing Shared Network Infrastructure risks on behalf of businesses.
- Providing support for all business change initiatives where IT support and guidance is required.
- Maintain and enhance technical hybrid cloud and software defined networking platform.
- Accountable for request, incident, problem, change, release processes and configuration management adherence for areas of responsibility.
- Expose networking API’s to enable self-service provisioning of compute and networking infrastructure.
- Support the development of future roadmaps
- For technologies that the business is accountable for.
- Development of Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines for responsible areas.
- Management of business partners
- Risk Management including the avoidance of repeat audit findings.
- People Management
- Customization of solutions for diverse business requirements
- A constantly declining unit price if networking infrastructure components measured budget to budget each year.
- Ensuring continuity (Resilience Engineering) of all the company Core connectivity platforms
- Align network platforms ways of work with Data Driven Lean and Agile solutions delivery for new business requirements
- Instill a culture of automation in all provisioning and lifecycle tasks for on premise, and cloud provisioned network platform services.
- Build a competence of scripting and automation within Networking Platform team to enable future efficiencies
- Enable and Integrate Networking Infrastructure (on premise and cloud based) to development environment practices for improved DevOps experience
- Ensure proper integration of security practices and toolsets into the Networking Platform environment for proper security protection (patching, vulnerability, authentication, event, intrusion protection, etc.) for on premise and cloud protection
- Ensure use of cloud-based toolsets for vulnerability protection, policy compliance and patching where appropriate to supplement the company provisioned tools.
- Enable strategy and decision making of the correct networking platform, together with easy integration between on premise and respective cloud platforms.
- Networking Platform Design in support of deployments for Africa Operations and related technology risks on behalf of the business.