Head of IT – Transactional Banking
Implement and contribute to a robust IT strategy and architecture that manages service delivery and governance in a manner that ensures business has the best available systems to meet business needs. Showcase exemplary leadership through active contribution, participation, upskilling and engagement with IT, business and external stakeholders with the express intent of ensuring the success of the business.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Information Technology
- Honors in Information Technology (preferred)
- 3 – 5 years in leadership
- 5-8 years in Information Technology
- A financial background will be very advantageous
Drive for Functional and Non-Functional Success
- Actively align, engage and contribute to the overall CES IT strategy and the success thereof.
- Ensure that our solutions are robust and systemically sound, both in Form and in Function.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the operational well-being of the domain.
- Take proactive steps to understand the various business areas, needs and risks associated with the domain.
- Deploy and allocate resources effectively in order to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Build sustainable relationships with relevant stakeholders to fortify influence and ensure business continuity.
- Identify and address skills gaps and providing actionable plans to train and upskill employees.
- Take responsibility for gaps in resource allocation, and proactively fill these gaps with the mutual understanding and inclusion of relevant stakeholders.
- Create an understanding and active engagement with the standardization of best practices and uphold these standards.
- Generate an eco-system view and understanding of the landscape by creating opportunities for exposure and participation across various areas in the business and IT domains.
- Create and sustain an environment in which team members can approach, consult, and share ideas.
- Maintain communication channels and make sure that risks and issues are communicated timeously.
- Actively participate in the continuous Performance Excellence process for all relevant resources and stakeholders.
- Maintain an acute awareness and interest of deliverables across the domain.
- Collaborate with peers in advocating for continuous improvement and enhanced capabilities across areas.
Enable Client Centricity Within Area of Responsibility
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders; both internal and external.
- Deliver on expectations to clients and stakeholders in order to ensure that expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery.
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimize work disruption and maximize employee productivity.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behavior, through active involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organizational values.
- Select and recruit suitably qualified talent in line with Employment Equity principles and the company values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Enable a collaborative culture and sharing community whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Execute effective workforce planning practices to ensure that staffing requirements are accurately forecasted.
- Identify employee growth and development requirements and schedule interventions to fulfil it.
- Effectively manage performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Encourage innovation, thought leadership and collaboration within the team.
Contribute to Financial Controls and Planning
- Actively engage and contribute to the financial discourse of the domain.
- Periodically compile and implement budgets to minimize expenditure in accordance with business and IT objectives.
- Skillfully manage expenditures, it’s authorization and the implementation of financial controls.
- Implement and manage financial risk methodologies, techniques and systems and use it to monitor and report on financial activities.
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policies in the domain to identify and manage governance and risk exposure.
- Investigate reported willful acts of non-compliance to organization policy and practice and report on findings.
- Understands how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are that drives business success; and how they impact on the commercial viability of potential ventures and the profitability of the group.
- Anticipates, meets and exceeds client’s needs by creating long lasting relationships that support the client value proposition, supports their financial wellness and ensures client centricity.
Drive for results
- Drive a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business results.
Leads change and innovation
- Actively leads change, does what is right for the business and drives continuous improvement through innovation.
- Prioritizes the business interests of the company and invests in the success of the group by aligning efforts across divisions.
Impact and influence
- Persuades, convinces, influences and inspires others, both within the company and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of the company.
Self-awareness and insight
- Manages self and relationships with others effectively and provides perspective in difficult situations.
Diversity and inclusiveness
- Is sensitive to individual and cultural similarities and differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Strong technical background
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Driven by successful results and outcomes
- Insatiable curiosity for the financial and IT domain