The role is responsible for providing a managed service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
Their primary objective is to proactively review client requests or tickets and apply technical/process knowledge to resolve them without breaching service level agreement (SLA). The MS – Services Engineer (L2) focuses on second line support for incidents and requests with medium to high level of complexity.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Diploma, degree or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated equivalent work experience)
- Relevant Genesys Certifications
- Expected to gain certifications relevant to services supported. Certifications carry additional weightage on candidate’s qualification for the role.
- 5-8 years of relevant Genesys services experience
- Strong client service orientation and passion for achieving or exceeding expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Attributes
- Identifies and resolves technical problems and fulfills requests following agreed procedures.
- Uses technical knowledge along with standard tools to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve incidents.
- Plans and carries out agreed maintenance and proactive tasks and fulfills requests as required.
- Works with L1 and L3 engineering teams for changes, capacity, continual service improvement, identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies.
Service Level Management:
- Proactively monitors the ticket queues along with consistent updates of the tasks completed to confirm the resolution of incidents or completion of requests within agreed SLAs.
- Monitors work queues (for example: Incident, Request, Problem) to ensure tasks are completed within agreed SLA. Tracks work queues and escalates to Team / Tech Leads for any possible SLA breaches.
- Follows work instructions / SOPs along with inherent technical capabilities to identify, analyze, diagnose and resolve incidents and requests.
- Interacts with client to gather additional info to enable faster resolutions of incidents / requests.
- Actively analyses incidents / requests to produce knowledge articles enhancing knowledge base as quick referral for Service Desk and L1 teams increasing First time resolutions.
- Actively contributes and works with automation teams for effort optimizations and automating routine tasks.
- Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes.
- Identifies root cause of non-compliant configuration items and takes ownership to remediate.
- Also ensure no unauthorised changes are executed on the CI.
- Investigates and analyses the tickets, processes and logs problem tickets for solution / permanent fix.
- Actively contributes to the problem management process and takes ownership for problem tickets assigned to him / her.
- Engages and work with L3 engineering team for appropriate decisions and work for implementation of the necessary corrective and preventive actions
- Actively collaborates with local and global teams for effective working.
- Adapts to global work culture and coaches junior team members and also L1 engineers and Service Desk teams.
- Actively networks with CoEs and cross functional teams.
- Participates in all team events and organisation initiatives.
Role / Responsibilities:
Monitor operational infrastructure
- Takes the lead in establishing monitoring for client infrastructure. They leverage standard tools and processes to respond and resolve incidents and requests in a timely manner meeting agreed SLA.
Identify problems and errors
- Proactively identifies problems and errors before they impact a client’s service. They log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Liaise with all stakeholders, including client’s IT team, vendors, carriers and necessary company functions to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution or provide a recommendation.
- As required take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in the analysis and resolution or assignment of a ticket.
- Actively communicates with all internal teams, client or vendor for all troubleshooting tasks, with consistent updates to tickets on the progress and resolution.
- Resolves most of the incidents, actively seeks support from L3 and SME for major and complex tickets.
- Leads and manages all initial client escalation for operational issues.
- Actively contributes to the change management process by logging all change requests with complete details for standard and non-standard including patching and any other changes to Configuration Items.
- Ensures all changes are carried out with proper change approvals.
- Diligently completes the shift handover process by documenting all pending tasks (Open tickets) to be completed in next shift and highlights any critical tasks to be focussed on, such as P1 tickets and requests or exceptions.
- Actively apply knowledge articles for routine activities.
- Actively contributes in creating and updating knowledge articles.
- Produces knowledge articles / work instructions for the tasks to be performed by Service Desk & L1 teams to enhance first call resolution rates.
- Audits and analyses incident and request tickets for quality and recommends improvements with updates to knowledge articles.
- Produces trend analysis reports for identifying tasks for automation, leading to reduction in tickets and optimization of effort. They plan and execute approved maintenance activities