Full stack Developer
- The company Institutional development team is an environment where growth is encouraged and individuals who display initiative; willingness to learn and stretch themselves are given of opportunity to do so; the acquisition of new skills, both business and technical, is supported wholeheartedly.
- The team is currently around 60 members, covering a range of skills and responsibilities including Business Analysts, Application developers, Reporting/Integration developers, Testers and IT Operations.
- This team is responsible for the systems that support the company asset management function. There is plenty of opportunity to learn about the asset management industry and technology.
- We are looking for a developer with 3+ years of experience to join a team responsible for developing new solutions and supporting the existing systems in a challenging business environment.
- Our web applications follow a microservices approach where the backend services are built primarily of RESTful API’s using .NET Core whilst our frontends are written as ReactJS single page applications.
- Our previous generation desktop applications are built using WPF and Winforms.
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, detail oriented and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and Qualification:
- Degree or diploma in an analytical, quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, business science or similar.
- Candidates should demonstrate a track record of achievement in the top 25% of their peer group.
- Interact with business users, Business Analysts and other Developers to understand new requirements.
- Write technical specifications and develop new functionality to the company standards and deadlines.
- Participate in design and planning sessions.
- Understand how our existing systems work, how they fit into the overall architecture and what they achieve for the business.
- Analyse issues reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of code changes.
- Proficiency in a database technology such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing.
- Experience in interacting with business users to understand requirements and managing the implementation of system changes.
Experience with any of the following would be advantageous:
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Message queueing technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ).
- Event driven architecture.
- Cloud (preferably AWS).
- A positive, can-do attitude, willing to learn and persevere.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good communication.