Front End Developer | IT Recruitment
Education and Qualifications
- A University Degree with Informatics or Computer Science major is a mandatory pre-requisite.
- 5 years minimum as a Midlevel Web developer, with 3 years Angular experience.
Candidate Responsibilities and Attributes
- Responsible for maintaining a suite of existing Angular web applications, some of which include smartcard / biometric integration, facilitated by a 3rd party device integration platform. Applications are integrated with Identity and Access managements products in the environment and with REST APIs.
- Responsible for development, deployment, support and maintenance, upgrades and testing related to existing and new applications.
- Responsible for web server installations, support and maintenance and upgrades of the NginX webservers.
- Documents own development deliverables as applicable.
- Able to communicate development time estimates accurately, always balancing code quality and complexity in data handling and data sanitization, with expedient delivery.
- Must adhere to release schedules, taking responsibility for own delivery sometimes in the context of challenging project timelines.
- Must be able to navigate own development delivery in different project streams occasionally
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team context with other developers in the environment as well as with the relevant analysts, designers, database administrators, delivery managers and project managers.
- Must be able to engage with 3rd party customer or partner developers professionally at all times.
- Must be able to apply problem solving skills across technical domains and occasionally across product sets.
Mandatory Technical skills
- Strong Angular web development skills
- Ability to administrate and manage NginX web servers.
- Ability to navigate and consume REST APIs.
- Ability to navigate and investigate out-of-the-box API sets in cases where integration with packaged proprietary products is required.
- Ability to navigate and consume SOAP webservices.
- Ability to understand and query a relational database using PL/SQL for purposes of application development, maintenance, and support.
- Ability to understand the role of the Web browser as well as ability to understand the request routing flow between browsers, load balancers, web proxy servers and web applications.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Experience with client-side architecture and design patterns.
Mandatory Technologies and Tools
- Angular 10 / 11 / 12
- Nginx (1.19.9 / 1.19.10)
- Code Repos – GitHub for version control software
- Postman – for REST APIs (in JSON format)
- SOAPUI – for soap webservices
- Database Languages – PL/SQL or equivalent e.g., MYSQL, PostgreSQL