Financial Accountant | IT Recruitment
- To ensure that the departmental accounting systems, policies, and procedures are being implemented. To verify the validity, completeness, integrity, and accuracy of financial information. Assist the Senior Financial Analyst to deliver a strategic partnership to the business:
- Analyse financial information
- Ensure financial control are in place to optimize performance for decision making
- Add value to financial reports through providing information relating to revenue and cost drivers.
- Com degree
- Honors would be an advantage
- 3 years plus within Financial Environment
- Strong Excel Skills
- 2 years plus Oracle experience in AR and AP
- Previous Telecommunication industry experience an advantage
Key Performance Objectives
Cost of Sales Activities
- Identify the relevant sources to account for relevant cost of sales items.
- Define specific information required from sources to account for costs in accordance with IFRS.
- Implement/understand the processes required to produce cost/revenue information on a monthly basis.
- Identify, implement, and perform required controls in the processes to ensure accurate information is produced on a monthly basis.
- Determine and implement control indicators to validate monthly information during the reporting cycles.
- Communicate accrued amounts and to the Commercial department and/or vendors for invoicing.
- Review accuracy and allocation of invoices that were allocated • Perform reallocations for incorrect invoices.
Month End Closing & Reporting Activities
- Investigate any possible over/under accruals and amend future calculations methods, processes, or information to ensure accurate accruals. Liaise with the business partner
- Ensure all reversing journals reversed correctly from previous month.
- Identify previous accruals that were not invoiced and perform re-accruals calculations and journals.
- Validate monthly information received by reviewing control indicators.
- Identify any discrepancies and investigate the root cause with source systems
- Calculate revenue amounts to be accrued and perform the relevant journals.
- Calculate unearned release or deferral at month end.
- Calculate and account for any relevant discounts.
- Prepare reconciliations for all revenue and expense accounts
- Investigate any discrepancies and alert Financial Reporting team with any late adjustments to revenue figures.
- Balance intercompany before trial balance close deadline.
- Analyze current month revenue and cost numbers against budget and prior month figures.
- Provide logical explanations for movements against budget and prior month figures.
- Populate supporting information relating to revenue and cost drivers.
- Perform reconciliations for relevant General Ledger accounts
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast information
- Evaluate the need of official processes/procedures for the tasks under responsibility and implement them with the collaboration of Continuous Engineering
- Annual assessment of the written procedures/ instructions with the need of the activity and eventually promote the updates on the system
- Perform detailed analysis for all relevant section in terms of performance against budget and prior month figures
- Intercompany information
Perform any other related duties as requested by Management
- IFRS disclosure tables under responsibility
- Other specific reports, e.g.
- Roll-forwards for assets and liabilities
- Financial year end disclosure requirement