Environment Support Specialist
Our client is seeking a Environment Support Specialist. The role is highly influential and for the ambitious individual very rewarding: you get to see the value that you can add and rewarding in terms of job satisfaction. The company culture is very exciting too! During your tenure with the business you can be certain to gain a lot of experience and to learn a lot of new things!
To work as the Environment Support Specialist based in Cape Town. Will work very closely with an external Operations Support team on a daily basis. The person in this technical role will be responsible for 3rd level Specialist Support in order to maintain and control server/software environments as part of the product SDLC.
- An external team is responsible for the day to day environment management duties as listed below. Where the external team is unable to resolve issues, the issues will be escalated to the Environment Support Specialist. Thus, the candidate must be able to perform specialist support / trouble-shooting activities and feed back to the external Operations Support Team, often by means of daily conference calls.
- Maintain and support software development and testing environments such as products / services installed on the servers.
- Maintain the integrity of all testing environments such as clear old log files, defragment disk space, uninstall old product components
- Maintenance of third-party components that products depend on. (Oracle client, RightFax client, MQ Series)
- Deploy product front-end builds, database builds and middleware services to various environments.
- Keep secondary environments in sync with production. Post-production deploys.
- Track, verify and report on software product components.
- Create a production implementation plan and deployment package of software components for operations to install on production during product release.
- Build new servers as required (Installation of all required product components.)
- Assist with specialized testing such as running WireShark traces for 3rd party testers.
- Envision, design and develop innovation solutions to improve efficiency of environment services work.
- Fault-finding and resolution on environment failures e.g. performance problems, password lockouts, failed installs
Education & Experience Required:
- Relevant 3 year Degree or National Diploma (Information Technology / Engineering/ Computer Science)
- MCSA (Server) and or MCSA (Desktop) strongly recommended
- Minimum 8 to 10 years relevant experience
- Very Good communication skills, written and verbal including interactions with clients.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to find and resolve software / system failures using good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Compliance with procedures and processes.
- Ability to deploy product components to servers.
- SQL (Oracle) ability to write queries.
- High attention to detail.
- Comfortable with work of a repetitive nature.
- Commitment to routine.
- Telecommunications (GSM) experience.
- Any formal programming language experience (C# for .Net, Java or Oracle PLSQL).