Domain Architect – eCommerce
As a recognized authority of eCommerce, the Domain Architect strategically advises on and drives the eCommerce strategy that underpins all business solutions, creates the architecture for these platforms, and leads the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Deep subject matter knowledge of eCommerce is essential and technical knowledge of Cloud architectures and SAP Hybris platforms is highly desirable.
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
Consult on the eCommerce Strategy, develop eCommerce roadmaps and reference architectures, and governance technology selection in support thereof:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the technology strategy and business priorities for eCommerce management in the enterprise.
- Develop the company eCommerce landscape roadmap and blueprints in line with the strategic business direction
- Maintain, socialise and enforce eCommerce standards, keeping technology stakeholders up to date with changes in the technology standards highlighting potential impact to the enterprise.
- Be clearly identified as the eCommerce authority for all eCommerce technology and provide technical guidance and leadership in eCommerce technology proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Keep abreast of the latest eCommerce technology trends and emerging technologies, determine the potential impact on the enterprise, and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Create and present reference architectures as advice on the eCommerce architecture strategy for the organization.
Serve as the eCommerce domain architecture and design authority for all project and operational stakeholders, and ensure architecture quality across all solution platforms enabled by eCommerce technologies:
- Be clearly identified as the senior design authority as it relates to the eCommerce domains and provide technical guidance and leadership in solution proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architect and other Solution Architects in support of the definition and development of the overall retail solution landscape.
- Detect critical deficiencies in eCommerce architectures and recommend improvements.
- Work with external service providers to drive projects to successful implementation.
- Review external and internal designs for eCommerce systems from a risk and technology perspective
- Ensure applicable Architecture and Design reviews are conducted for eCommerce solutions in line with the defined IT governance and processes.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test, and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards.
- Mentor solution architect / senior developers / designers / business analysts.
Provide expert eCommerce guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the eCommerce strategy and technology standards, and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee.
- Define and develop the overall eCommerce architecture landscape in partnership with other Domain Architects and Solution Architects.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, eCommerce reference architectures, set technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to eCommerce solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards.
- Engage all stakeholders to obtain agreement on proposed eCommerce solutions based on SAP Hybris platform and work closely with business stakeholders, Business Analysts, System Analysts and Project Managers to architect and implement eCommerce solutions.
Contribute to solution architecture and design standards and SDLC governance requirements:
- Define a framework for Solution Architecture and develop the policies and procedures and templates to guide and govern the Solution Architecture processes.
- Develop and maintain solution architecture principles and quality compliance criteria to guide technology decisions.
- Develop and set solution modelling standards and guidelines.
- Define a set of metrics to measure and report on the performance of the various solution architecture processes.
- 7-10 yrs. working experience within the IT industry
- 5+ yrs. Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 5+ yrs. Excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well-designed complex enterprise-class systems.
- 5+ yrs. Experience architecting and developing n-tier applications using multiple programming languages and paradigms
- 3-5 yrs. Experience implementing solutions in an architecture capacity in the eCommerce industry
- 2-3 yrs. Deep technical knowledge of the SAP Hybris eCommerce solution, cloud technologies and online payment processes for use within eCommerce.
- 5+ yrs. Expert understanding of supply chain management architectures
Knowledge & Skills:
- Architecture and design of eCommerce solutions (Cloud, APIs, micro-services, omni-channel, etc.) and integration to other solutions
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader eCommerce and retail services industry
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader eMarketing and retail services industry
- Software development frameworks and methodologies (Agile, Scrum, TOGAF, etc.)