Digital Business Analyst | IT Recruitment
To perform business and system analysis tasks through specialization in understanding the business usage of information technology (IT) and helping technology add value to the company Investments Engagement Digital Capability. To transform business requirements (functional & non-functional) into a set of technical software requirements that specify the software solution.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BCom Informatics or BSC Degree
- Diploma in Business analysis preferred.
- A min of 8 years’ experience as a Business analyst.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the investment environment.
- Must have experience working in an Agile working environment.
- SQL knowledge a must
Responsibilities and work output:
- Investigate and perform business analysis, determine business system requirements and identify alternatives.
- Set up and facilitate workshops with stakeholders to gather, elicit and identify business and system requirements.
- Design and document innovative business solutions using information technology.
- Translate business requirements to a level of detail appropriate for implementation using user journeys, user stories with acceptance criteria; process diagrams; data models; business rules and mock-ups.
- Assist technical designers to understand the business requirements.
- Testing of technical solutions, business and technical processes and calculations.
- Participate and provide input into the design and functional discussion with the technical designers.
- Assist and sign off the test cases for functional and non-functional, integration and testing activities.
- Investigate, identify and document business requirements to address process or system constraints resulting in repeated queries or errors.
- Investigate, identify and document business requirements to create reports relevant to digital projects.
- Process and training documentation for the trainers.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define the client experience by turning client data and experiences into intelligence and build solutions aligned with the client needs.
- Drive, determine and define the user experience and interactions your stakeholders have with business products and services.
- Articulate and advocate the users’ needs while ensuring the business objectives are met.
- Conduct user research, design and document the UX, validate/test with user and sell/present the design solution to the business.
- Ensure effective and consistent service delivery and support to both internal and external clients in line with the company values.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to hold elicitation sessions from a business and technical perspective.
- Have the ability to document processes.
- Apply analytical skills to all work performed.
- Attention to detail
- Investigative and information gathering skills
- Ability to work independently
- Take ownership and accountability
- Take initiative
- Problem solving
- Ability to manage pressure
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships.
- Apply business analysis tools and techniques to continuously improve thinking and solutions.
- Passion for research and design.
- Understand client and stakeholder needs and behaviours.
Technical Competencies Required
- At least 4 years of Client experience (CX)
- At least 4 years of User experience (UX)