DevOps Cloud Engineer | IT Recruitment
Minimum years of experience:
- 8+ years
Level of experience required:
- Expert (1325)
Minimum qualification required:
- Degree in IT or relevant experience
- Cloud setup and configuration topics. Java Development.
- Development and maintenance on platform / application.
- Meet with end users and gather requirements.
- Participate in stand-up’s
- Propose and review system design and evaluate
- Review and present to Product Owners.
- Develop systems solutions in line with quality and delivery requirements
- Preparation of system/technical documentation (as per ISO standards)
- User training
- System testing/parallel runs
- System implementation
- System audits/quality assurance
Generic Technical / Functional skills:
- AWS Cloud
- Experience in architecting and developing solutions for scalable, distributed systems
- Security of AWS services, securing design of VPC architectures
- Expert in Java / JEE
- RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Databases/SQL (PostgreSQL advantageous)
- NoSQL (Elasticsearch advantageous)
- Unit testing tools (Junit/Mockito/etc.)
- ORM tools (Hibernate advantageous)
- Spring Framework & Spring Boot
- Experience with Java application servers (Glassfish)
- Docker / Kubernetes (AWS / OpenShift advantageous)
- Code versioning (Git)
- Apache Kafka
- Agile development methodologies
- Confluence / Jira
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to understand and interpret Business needs and requirements with the ability to move concepts through to proposal and finally successful implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with both technical and non-technical colleagues / users.
- Should be willing to deal with (talk to) our customers. In most cases they will be foreign customers and language barriers might exist.
- Ability to work as part of a team, inter dependent as well as independently and submit deliverables on time and in excellent quality. SELF STARTER.
- Above board work ethics – this is of utmost importance.
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project.
- Ability and willingness to coach and give training to fellow colleagues and users when required.
- Willing and able to travel extensively, for up to 2 weeks at a time (international).