Development Engineer: Operations Tooling & Systems
We looking for an engineer or developer who is passionate about solving operational and engineering challenges using software. You’ll join our Operations Development team in fast-tracking the building of secure distributed operations systems that will make solutions scalable across a global customer footprint. Efficient integration of developed components into multiple proprietary and third party systems is an integral part of this role.
The Ideal Candidate
As a leader in our domain, with a global presence, so we set the bar high. The more of the following you can offer, the better suited you will be for the position.
- Research, implement and maintain monitoring technologies for products and solutions.
- Research, implement and maintain log stashing and analysis tools and systems for products and solutions.
- Script and develop routines and code to automate and improve backend processes as well as microservice and data management.
- Implementation and management of third party tools and managing of technical relationships with third party integration partners such as Mobile Networks.
- Driving Product Design for Operation/Maintenance and Resilience early in the SDLC.
- Provide solid feedback and recommendations to Product Development teams regarding product reliability, operability and maintainability on existing products.
Skills & Experience
- A Software or Engineering qualification (e.g. Engineering degree plus 1-2 years’ experience or a Diploma with 2-3 years’ experience)
- DevOps or Sysadmin or backend Development experience that includes exposure to managing infrastructure.
- Experience with or knowledge of building and maintaining modern monitoring, analysis and diagnostics systems, e.g. Prometheus, Zabbix, ELK, HP Openview, EUEM, SCOM or similar.
- DB experience (e.g. Cassandra, Mongo, Redis) – noSQL preferred
- Linux experience: advanced admin, iptables, networking tools
- Scripting experience: Java, PHP, Bash or similar
- Application server experience: Tomcat, Glashfish or similar
- APIs and Communication: SOAP, REST, HTTPS or similar
- Network protocol knowledge (e.g. TCP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP)
- Protocol troubleshooting skills (e.g. Maestro with Wireshark)
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket advantageous) or similar tools for source code control
- Knowledge of container technologies (e.g. Docker) advantageous
- Recent Java micro-services or backend web framework experience advantageous
- Exposure to Agile development frameworks like Scrum advantageous
- Knowledge of Java cryptography and PKI advantageous [Bulleted list of the qualifications, experience and specific skills required.]
- Hungry and eager to make a difference at a technical and operational level
- A healthy self-esteem – you will be challenged by some bright minds on a regular basis
- Good communication skills – you will need to explain your ideas to your teammates
- The ability to get things done – we don’t like micro-management, but we expect you to do the right thing
- A tendency to think outside the box – innovation is valued highly
- A preference to work in a team rather than by yourself
- An attitude of being proud of your code and taking ownership
Send a detailed copy of your CV to Bonita
Should you not be contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful