Developer (Data warehousing) | IT Recruitment
- The company Institutional development team is currently around 65 members, covering a range of skills and responsibilities including Domain Owners, Development Manager, Architect, Business Analysts, Developers (.NET and SQL) and IT Operations.
- This team is responsible for the systems that support the company asset management function.
- There is plenty of opportunity to learn about the asset management industry and technology.
- Our client have embarked on a journey in developing a cloud data capability model to house our DWH in the cloud and are on the lookout for a talented Developer that has extensive experience in relational and dimensional database structure and design and reporting.
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to explore or advance their cloud-based solutions development experience.
- Degree or diploma in information science or related technical discipline.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and terms and interested in attending courses to improve business knowledge.
- Financial Services industry experience would be an advantage
- Work as part of a larger IT team using the Scrum methodology.
- Interact with business users, Business Analysts, and other developers to understand user requirements.
- Develop integration solutions using T-SQL and other vendor integration tools
- ETL development to load Data warehouse
- Maintain existing SSRS report definitions to present the data.
- Support existing integration and reporting solutions in the production environment by analysing problems reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of new development.
- 5-8 years SQL experience (stored procedures, UDF’s, T-SQL, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, etc.) is essential
- Experience with data integration, validation, and reconciliation (SSIS or similar).
- Expert knowledge of reporting technologies (SSRS, PowerBI or similar)
- Experience with creating and maintaining cubes (SSAS) would be advantageous
- Expert experience with relational and dimensional database structures.
- Experience in interacting with business users to understand requirements and producing solutions
- Experience working in AWS Cloud implementation would be an advantage
- Exposure to PostgreSQL would be an advantage
Skills / Competencies:
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Problem Solving
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication