Data Warehouse Solutions Architect
Our client is seeking to employ a Data Warehouse Solutions Architect to Join their team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen and strong consulting skills.
- Strong business and/or technical analysis background.
- Technical knowledge and in depth experience with building Data Warehouses, Data Marts, big data analytics, applications, enterprise architectures, solutions, and technologies.
- Expert technical knowledge in several areas of Teradata products and configurations including Teradata RDBMS, Teradata Aster, Hadoop, Teradata Applications, etc.
- Knowledge of Analytic Architecture, Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture – including all aspects of the Unified Data Architecture.
- Proven capabilities in relational database, and/or Hadoop, technologies in the application development environment (Such as Teradata, DB2, Oracle, HortonWorks, Cloudera, Hana)
- Operational knowledge of third party DI, BI, Visualisation and Analytical tools (Such as Informatica, DataStage, Cognos, Tableau, SAS, R)
- Understanding of Master Data Management concepts and principles
- Experience of successful PoC, PoV, Benchmark design, development and execution
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of “Logical Data Sources” and/or domain knowledge in industry-specific subject areas
- Understanding of the clients business domain (Retail Banking, Telecommunications, Retail)
- Experience of working with other customers and target accounts within the same industries
- Knowledge of future trends/changes and the ability to articulate the likely impact of these to customers
- Experience in consulting with senior level executives
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Consultative Selling
- Meeting Facilitation
- Proposal Development, Service Offer Scoping, and Project Definition
- Resource Management, Scheduling, and Project Management