Our client is seeking to employ a Data Modeller to join their team for a 12 month contract.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 5 years Data Warehouse Logical Data Modelling
- 2 years Physical database design
- 2 year Experience / knowledge of industry standard data warehouse logical data models
- Teradata modelling / design
- Desirable and a major plus
- Prepare process models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of designated process modeling methodology, includes creation and maintenance of process descriptions and glossary of terms.
- Facilitate the exposure of process data from functional experts and the user community.
- Provide mapping between existing process and proposed replacement processes.
- Design and normalize the logical data model to third normal form.
- Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
- Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of the IDEF or equivalent methodology.
- Develop and manage data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
- In depth knowledge of business processes and business information models.
- In depth knowledge of modeling methodologies and techniques.
- In depth knowledge of the ERwin data modeling tool.
- In depth knowledge of facilitation and conflict resolution processes.