Data Analyst Developer | IT Recruitment
Education and Qualifications
- A University Degree with Informatics or Computer Science major is a mandatory prerequisite.
- 7-10 years minimum as a Midlevel-to-Senior Data Analyst Developer
Candidate Responsibilities and Attributes
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the operational processes related to file-based integrations and rules-based analysis of 3rd party data from multiple sources.
- Must understand the business context that the data informs and understand the significance of meticulously analyzing and processing this data in a way that ensures traceability to the source data at all times.
- Responsible for development, deployment, maintenance, and testing related to new developments where applicable.
- Collaborates on database schema design in line with requirements.
- Documents own development deliverables as applicable.
- Able to communicate development time estimates accurately, always balancing code quality and complexity in data handling and data sanitization, with expedient delivery.
- Must adhere to release schedules, taking responsibility for own delivery sometimes in the context of challenging project timelines.
- Must be able to navigate own development delivery in different project streams occasionally.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team context with other developers in the environment as well as with the relevant analysts, designers, database administrators, delivery managers and project managers.
- Must be flexible in terms of solution design, always balancing technical solution integrity with the practicalities of usability and delivery timelines, and not sacrifice delivery expedience for technical ‘purism’.
- Must be able to engage with 3rd party customer or partner developers professionally at all times.
- Must be able to apply problem solving skills across technical domains and occasionally across product sets.
- Must be able to guide a junior developer and perform code reviews, testing and debugging, should such a need arise.
Mandatory Technical skills
- Strong SQL design and implementation skills
- Strong development skills in Java and/or Python related to data files and database integration
- Must be skilled at managing and scripting of text files (creating, uploading, consuming, amending layouts)
- Must be skilled at understanding a relational database and querying it using SQL (Oracle databases)
- Skilled in data analysis for business intelligence and fraud detection
- Able to create and maintain relevant database objects related to the functional aspects of the solution, on an Oracle database (e.g., table creation scripts, sequences, constraints, indexes, triggers, procedures)
Mandatory Technologies and Tools
- Java 8 plus and/or Python
- Code Repos – GitHub for version control software
- Java and/or Python Build and Deployment Tools – Maven or equivalent e.g., Jenkins, Ant, Hudson, Gradle
- Database Languages – PL/SQL or equivalent e.g., MYSQL, PostgreSQL
Technical Exposure (exposure to the below is favorable but not mandatory)
- Java and/or Python Data Science Libraries
- Python tools e.g., Jupyter Notebooks
- Currently the team works remotely due to the COVID19 context. The nature of this role however demands that time is spent in an office, either at the client site or at the company offices. The option for remote work is also largely dependent on the client requirement and the nature of the work.