Cost Accountant – OCSA
Accurately control and process financial information, including financial reporting and analysis that enables the interpretation of financial information and informs business processes and decision making.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting
- 3 years’ experience in Cost Accounting
Responsibilities and work output:
- Support the business by costing tenders across all capabilities within health solutions
- Analyze historical values of cost drivers and use these assumptions in costing for new business
- Work with operations to scrutinize and understand costs and their drivers associated with delivering health solutions
- Continuously amend and improve costing software across all capabilities within health solutions
- Discuss, amend, defend and sign off costs with heads of business development
- Competitor and industry research to assist with pricing
- Train business heads and operations on costing software
- Drive a client centric environment that focuses on best practice service delivery
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders that promote cross delivery practice solutions.
- Define fair and innovative client service practices which build rewarding relationships, and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify changing client needs and make recommendations to align service offering with client needs.
- Manage a client service excellence culture which builds enduring relationships and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Effectively lead team
- Build strong relationships through providing specialist know-how and leadership to others, expressing positive expectations.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in an area of specialization.
- Positively influence and manage change and offer specialist support where required.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas and involvement of colleagues and staff.
- Participate and contribute to a culture of work centric thinking, productivity, service delivery and quality management.
- Take ownership for driving career development
- Understands how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are that drives business success; and how they impact on the commercial viability of potential ventures and the profitability of the Group
Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Anticipates, meets and exceeds client’s needs by creating long lasting relationships that support the client value proposition, supports their financial wellness and ensures client centricity.
Drive for Results
- Drive a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business results.
Leads Change and Innovation
- Actively leads change, does what is right for the business and drives continuous improvement through innovation.
Motivating and Inspiring Team
- Creates and maintains an open, positive working environment by generating commitment, building trust, a shared sense of purpose, empowerment in others and encouraging them to contribute to the best of their ability.
- Prioritizes the business interests of the company and invests in the success of the group by aligning effort across divisions.
Impact and Influence
- Persuades, convinces, influences and inspires others, both within the company and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of the company.
Self-Awareness and Insight
- Manages self and relationships with others effectively, deals with ambiguity, uncertainty and pressure, and provides perspective in difficult situations.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Is sensitive to individual and cultural differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
- Takes responsibility for own development; and actively mentors, coaches and develops talent in others. Builds leadership bench strength for the company by providing opportunities and experiences to develop skills, competencies and business knowledge.