Chief Financial Officer
The CFO at Client Engagement Solutions is expected to provide strategic leadership on financial activities for the Multiply, Transactional Banking, and the Client Hub businesses. This role is responsible for delivering professional, ethical and effective financial practices that are aligned with the Group Finance strategy, to ensure sustained profitability of the business.
Experience and Qualification:
- Post graduate degree in BCom Accounting, Financial Management or Management Accounting.
- Registered chartered accountant with South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- MBA (preferred).
- 10 years post qualification experience in financial management in an insurance and financial services environment.
- 3-5 years in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of the wellness and rewards, financial services, health, insurance and investment industry and applicable regulatory requirements and legislations.
- Knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Tax Act, Companies Act and risk management principles.
Responsibilities and work output:
- Keep abreast of trends, legislation and best practices within the financial management field and industry in which the company operates in order to optimize service offering and delivery.
- Collaborate with senior management to formulate short and long-term strategic financial objectives and operating strategies for the business, in line with the overall business strategy of the segment, as well as the overall financial strategy of the Group.
- Oversee the design of effective and efficient futuristic financial modelling in support of the business strategy and new business ventures.
- Support the development of new business initiatives by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities, unpacking the financial implications and make recommendations regarding the financial viability of new business.
- Evaluate and advise on the financial impact and requirements of long-range planning, introduction of new products/business and regulatory environment to support the realization of the business strategy.
- Provide executive management within the segment with advice on the financial implications of business activities, and provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Contribute to the design and development of Group Finance strategies, policies and practices and oversee the implementation of finance strategies, policies and practices within the segment.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance functions (accounting, tax, capital management etc.) of the segment, ensuring healthy financial management within the segment.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with Group Finance in order to manage service delivery in line with business expectations and requirements.
- Establish and comply with finance governance principles and structures within the segments in line with finance best practice (GAAP, IFRS etc.).
- Manage and minimize the company’s financial risk exposure by developing and maintaining systems of internal controls, liaising with Risk Management functions as appropriate.
- Support the planning and management of internal audit activities in collaboration with the risk team.
- Provide direction for continuous improvement efforts by managing the identification of opportunities, cost reduction, improvements and systems enhancement.
- Understand the profitability and growth drivers for the business and ensure that the key insights are well understood by the management team.
- Ensure that sound financial controls and practices are in place within the segment and in the respective products and solutions center of excellence to ensure the segment delivers on its stated financial objectives.
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Drive for Results
- Impact and Influence
- Institutional Process Analysis & Redesign
- Client / Stakeholder Commitment
- Motivating and Inspiring Team