A key part of the role is stakeholder management across the business and the ability to translate technical jargon into business terminology.
This role is responsible for managing a well-defined project within a Business Unit or functional area within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost.
This role initiates, plans, executes, and finalizes each project within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost.
The role is responsible for the set-up of the project (resource governance), ensuring the problem / objective is clear and planning a course of action that addresses all aspects to solve the problem.
- Management of the teams that manage and deliver the Projects within IT.
- Project Management responsibility for delivering Projects and Programmes of work.
- Managing multiple Projects simultaneously.
- Budget management in relation to the Portfolio of Projects and Programmes being delivered.
- Ensure Standard Project Management Practices and Governances are followed.
- Accurate Project Implementation: Project Progress Reporting, Project Closure Reporting, quantifying and feedback on Project success to all Stakeholders.
- Can manage key dependencies, roles, and challenges.
- Responsible for successful Project outcomes.
- Responsible for driving clarity of the problem being solved.
- Delivers specified requirements and meets customer satisfaction.
- Delivers the required Deliverables for each Project, Phase or Stage.
- Ensures that quality is achieved as planned.
- Delivers to time and cost within agreed tolerances.
- Manages the people, work and budget involved.
- Identify, assess, and minimize project risks.
- Identification and engagement of resources required for the project team.
- Establishes and updates plans with actual and forecasts.
- Manages deviations from plan to keep the business/project sponsor appraised of issues/risks and provide alternatives where appropriate.
- Reports to respective Stakeholders.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team members and junior Project Managers.
- Escalates decisions and/or unresolved issues and in doing so provides alternatives and or solutions.
- Integrates delivery and metrics across the people, process, finance and customer dimensions of the business.
- Is accountable for thought leadership and best operating practices in response to external / business environment.
- BCom or Related Degree
- ITIL Certified
- Project Management Qualifications (PMBOK / Prince2/Agile)
- Minimum of 5 Years Project, Programme & Portfolio Management Experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of knowledge and experience in a collection’s environment is essential.
- Debt review experience is advantageous.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Waterfall & Agile Project Management Methodologies Excellent knowledge of Information Technology Functional areas/departments
- Sound knowledge of complex technical environments, the ability to challenge the norm and inspire creative solutions.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Project Management software (MS Project etc.)
- Proven ability to work effectively with IT Delivery Teams, Partners, and Suppliers
- Experience in engagements with subcontracted 3rd Parties to ensure they deliver to the contracted service.
- Budget Management – Experience of managing and controlling large budgets.