Business Analyst Team Lead (Project: POS Transformation Programme)
The Business Analyst Team Lead is responsible for leading, coaching, and training a team of Business Analysts to maximize productivity and increase business delivery within the Business Analysis space. This includes the fostering of cross-discipline relationships to constantly review and improve on ways of work. The Team Lead is also responsible for the end-to-end L3 business architecture for the area of responsibility and actively engages with the business stakeholders to consult on projects and work requests and the prioritization of the analysis deliverables.
- 3-year Bachelor Degree in Business Analytics or Information Systems or Business Management, FTI Diploma, or equivalent qualification in Analytics, Informatics, Computer Science, Programming or Business
- 1 – 2 years Facilitation/ Coaching qualification
- IIBA (International Institute for Business Analysts)
The successful candidates must have the following experience:
- Experience in Retail FMCG (including Customer Journeys such as Endless Aisle, Digital receipts, Queue Busting, BYOD, QSR Hospitality and Self-Checkouts)
- Proven Track Record on Large Scale Projects Implementations i.e., SAP or POS Programmes, POS would be an added advantage
- Proven track record of experience in rollouts with large number of stores across the African continent (including South Africa)
- Relevant Technical and business acumen in Point of Sale / Service Systems
- Requirement Traceability Management
- Business Process/ Capability impact assessment
- Exposure to Non-RSA environment
Standard BA Lead experience required:
- 5 – 10 years in a Team lead/management role (Experience within Retail FMCG in the capacity as Team Lead)
- 5+ years Business Analysis Techniques (IT)
- 5+ years Business Process Management
- 3-5 Years Business Requirements Writing
- 5+ Years People Management
- 5+ Years Quality Management
- 5+ years Conflict Management
- 5+ Years Coaching & Mentoring
- 5+ years IT Experience
People Training, Coaching, and Management:
- Effectively communicate news, changes and policies to the Business Analyst Team.
- Effectively and timely coach, train and motivate Business Analysts to improve both technical and soft skills based on individual development plans.
- Efficiently manage day to day people issues, e.g. leave, disciplinary processes, recruitment etc.
- Ensure the right people are recruited and selected on a timely basis.
- Effective and efficient management of formal performance evaluation/ KPI feedback sessions at least once a year Compile and collate effective development plans and follow-up to ensure progress is made.
- Identify and provide relevant training and coaching on a continuous basis to ensure high levels of competence.
- Manage all Labour Relations issues in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage project documentation deliverables of team members on an ongoing basis as required in collaboration with Delivery teams
Manage and Build Internal Relationships:
- Liaise with other IT Teams and Business Units on an ongoing basis to discuss requirements or enhancements.
- Continuously build and sustain a service orientation culture through feedback on customer service, training and coaching initiatives.
- Maintain continuous, comprehensive knowledge building and effective knowledge sharing within and between team members.
- Handle internal client issues in a correct and timely manner.
- Implement, maintain and adhere to new Business Analyst Standards.
- Educate team members and internal clients on new functionalities or enhancements. Support BA’s in change management meetings on a regular basis.
- Provide guidance to the team on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve the project objectives, using manual processes or software tools.
- Implement, maintain and evaluate on a monthly basis the documentation quality principles and standard procedures for Business Analysts, by aligning with the company best practice methodologies.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices and ensure continuous improvement of practices and processes (e.g. administrative processes, data warehousing, business intelligence development activities etc.).
- Implement effective quality controls for documentation & Business Analyst standards.
- Effectively monitor the work of Business Analysts to ensure compliance with all processes, policies and procedures relevant to the Business Analysis and broader Company environment.
- Prepare and deliver weekly team feedback on Community of Practice and BA team deliverables.
- Review requirements developed by Business Analysts.
- Develop long term plans and goals for the team on a yearly basis to manage risk in terms of skills needed for projects on the roadmap.
- Ensure that the baseline business architecture (L3 Business Process models) is created and maintained in the appropriate tool for the area of responsibility.
- Prepare Business Analyst application requirement documentation. (e.g. Staff Requisition for new positions as well as to fill a vacancy).
- Report, track and communicate status and issues to ensure that requirement documentation is accurate and addresses business needs.
- Track contribution and performance of Business Analysts to the Community of Practice activities, actively promoting participation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Non RSA/ Africa Fiscal Legislation knowledge
- RSA VAT/ Fiscal Legislation knowledge
- 3 – 5 years expert knowledge and experience in working in Agile methodologies
- 3 – 5 years Aris Tool
- 5 – 10 years Business Analysis and Process Knowledge
- 3 – 5 years Resource Allocation
- 3 – 5 Years People Development & Motivation
- 3-5 Years Team Management Principles
- 5-10 Years Comprehensive Knowledge of Business Requirements
- 3-5 Years Client Business Processes (Business Retail)