Business Analyst – Ecommerce
The Business Analyst has an understanding of the eCommerce strategy that underpins all business solutions and works closely with the business stakeholders and delivery teams to realize the roadmap into the target state. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of industry best practices, has a strong background in E-Commerce, and is accustomed to serving as liaison between all areas of the business. This is a fast-paced role where the ability to priorities and effectively communicate is a must.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Analytics or Information Systems or Business Management; or
- FTI Diploma or equivalent qualification in Business Analysis, Informatics, Computer Science or Programming.
Serve as the eCommerce Business Analyst and subject matter expert for all project and operational stakeholders:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the strategy and business priorities for eCommerce management in the enterprise.
- Assist with requirements definition and input to eCommerce solutions, proposals, and RFIs.
- Keep abreast of the latest eCommerce trends and emerging technologies.
- Identify and recommend improvements to UI/UX components and business processes.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts across domains to identify impacts and synergies.
- Provide guidance to creative and development teams to ensure that stakeholder needs are met during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases or if an agile methodology is adopted through the various Sprints.
Information seeking and analysis:
- Learn and understand current state business operations.
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering, documentation, and refinement meetings with business and technical stakeholders.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand the business need behind initiatives in order to create user stories and acceptance criteria for delivery to your designers, developers, and testers.
- Take all inputs provided, making sense of them, and present them back in a way that provides clarity on the subject at hand.
- Create business process flow diagrams to help illustrate complex requirements and concepts.
- Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications.
- Collaborate closely with Business Stakeholders, Architects, Designers, and Delivery Teams to design solutions that will meet the needs of the business.
- Be the subject matter expert for your teams
Delivery of solutions:
- Collaborate closely with UI Designers, Functional Analysts, Developers, and Testers to deliver eCommerce solutions.
- Facilitate the prioritization of the requirements process to maximize business benefit and development team utilization.
- Work with QA to validate that the intent of the user stories was accurately developed and work with developers to remediate any misunderstandings.
- Own user acceptance testing of application releases.
- Assist our trainers with the creation of training documentation for knowledge transfer to end-users and stakeholders on new features.
- Support tracking of bugs/enhancements/features as part of the change management process.
- 5+ years working experience within the IT industry
- 5+ Years’ Experience with all aspects of IT projects from creative, business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 5+ Years as a business analyst with a preference for experience with E-Commerce platforms.
- 5+ Years Business Analysis Techniques (IT) 5+ Years Business Process Management
- 5+ Years Business Requirements Writing
Knowledge & Skills:
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader eCommerce and retail services industry
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior management and 3rd party business partners.
- Software development frameworks and methodologies (Agile, Scrum etc.)