BI Hybrid Analyst and Developer (Advanced data mart and DQ Support) | IT Recruitment
- 3-year diploma or higher in the related field of study, for example Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 5+ years development experience.
- Highly proficient in SQL (both Oracle SQL and Hive SQL).
- Experience with big data (Hadoop) environments is a plus.
- Excellent data modelling and analytical skills.
- Telecommunications experience.
- Experience with MTN SA data assets a major plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong communication, and confidence in engaging with stakeholders, including sources, systems and infrastructure owners.
- Ability to work under pressure, by meeting deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Advanced data mart and data quality support experience essential.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and identify/fix code problems.
- Work with project team to prioritize business and information needs.
- Define new data collection and analysis process improvement opportunities.
- Data quality support.