- The company is looking for a BI Developer to join our Retail BI Development team.
- We are currently around 195 members forming around 20 teams, covering a range of skills and responsibilities including Domain Owners, Development Manager, Architect, Business Analysts, Developers (.NET and SQL) and IT Operations. The BI team consists of 8 members.
- We are responsible for the systems that support client investment reporting and screening functionality. There is plenty of opportunity to learn about the asset management industry and technology.
- Our ideal candidate is very detail oriented, self-driven, and curious and has appreciation for data driven-driven systems.
Experience and Qualification:
- Degree or diploma in information science or related technical discipline.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and terms and interested in attending courses to improve business knowledge.
- Financial Services industry experience would be an advantage.
- Work as part of a larger IT team using the Scrum methodology.
- Interact with business users, Business Analysts and other developers to understand user requirements.
- Develop integration solutions using T-SQL, SSIS and other vendor integration tools
- ETL development to load Data warehouse
- Maintain existing SSRS and QlikView report definitions to present the data.
- Support existing integration and reporting solutions in the production environment by analysing problems reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of new development.
- 1st line support for nightly data warehouse integration (on a rotational basis)
- 5-8 years SQL experience (stored procedures, UDF’s, T-SQL, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, etc.) is essential
- Experience with data integration, validation and reconciliation (SSIS, C#, Scala).
- Expert knowledge of reporting technologies (SSRS, QlikView or similar)
- Experience with creating and maintaining cubes (SSAS) would be advantageous
- Working experience with relational and dimensional database structures.
- Working experience with design and development of data marts and data warehouses.
- Experience in interacting with business users to understand requirements and producing solutions
- Experience working in AWS Cloud implementation would be an advantage
- Experience with Jira and GITLab would be an advantage.
- Exposure to PostreSQL and PowerBI would be an advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Problem Solving
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication