To provide tactical guidance on the technology roadmap to the software quality engineering team members. The guidance should encapsulate the design, best practices and coding standards for the Quality Assurance solutions. The Architect would also be considered to be the SME on Quality Assurance tools and Frameworks and the fit for purpose for the relevant artefacts. Furthermore he/she would be able to provide the recommendation on the structure of the QA solutions and the various QA code references that should be referenced in the solutions based on technology stack of the solution being Quality Assured
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level:
- Sc. in Computer Science or a BCom in Information Systems or an industry aligned Certification in software development.
- Bootcamp training in Agile and DevOps. ISEB/ISTQB Advance certification.
- Minimum Experience Level Minimum of 2 years’ development experience. Minimum 3 years’ test automation experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Agile delivery and exposure to Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development in a continuous delivery model.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in NFT. Skills/Technical Capabilities Ability to understand and interrupt logical solution architecture.
- Proficient in object-orientated Programming (OOP). Proficient in development languages; C#, Java.
- Proficient in Mobile Application development and mobile and testing Proficient in the use of Soap and RESTFUL services.
- Proficient in the use of testing tools and frameworks (Selenium, Appium, Soap UI, Jira). Experience in service virtualization.
- Exposure to data virtualization and use of hyper-converged infrastructure. Experience in performance and load testing.
- Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
- Delivery of a well-structure and standard designed, quality assurance solutions within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
- Report and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
- Create and assist with the personal development plan for the Software Test Engineer. Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
- Work closely with Test Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
- Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication.
- Contribute to the systematic breakdown of the business need into manageable feature(s), stories and epics that can be delivered. Participate in the backlog grooming. Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
- Discuss the low-level design and functional requirements with the Chapter Lead, Application/Solution Architect to understand the approach to test automation.
- Collaborate with the Core Technical Team to continuously improve the test harness, automation frameworks and overall platform.
- Promote the automation framework and tool adopted by the Enterprise Quality Assurance team. Perform adhoc peer review of the automated test assets being maintained by the Software Test Engineer (STE) to ensure conformance of the process and governance.
- Collaborate with the environment DevOps engineer to investigate and correct bugs and inefficiencies.
- Develop the automation scripts using the automation framework for execution.
- Implement the test automation with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint and can be re-used for regression testing.
- Ensure the solution meet the architectural and development standards that are re-usable and scalable. Confirm that the automation test suite implemented is appropriately catalogued and aligns with the governance.
- Responsible for testing of the system or component testing under load.
- Responsible for testing of the system or component high-availability and recoverability.
- Log defects using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
- Manage the product risk and communicate to the Test Lead the details and any possible mitigation factors.
- Collaborate with the stakeholder to ensure the resolution of a defect and the root cause analysis is performed and recorded. Report status of testing to the Quality Assurance squad daily. Participate in all retrospective reviews.
- Participate in the showcase to external stakeholders. Understand and manage own demand based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations. Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the client eco-system.
- Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities. Mentor the Software Test Engineers within the team to improve their technical capabilities.