Automation Engineer | IT Recruitment
The company are looking for an experienced automation engineer to join their automation team. The role aims to improve operational efficiency in the business though integrating platforms and automating processes and workflows that have previously required manual intervention. The right individual will be able to work comfortably independently and will have excellent communications skills to collaborate with the wider team globally. The role will be ‘work from home’.
The automation engineer role is aimed not only at the company internal requirements, but also at providing automation projects and efficiency improvements for the company customers which will be scoped individually as required.
- Detailed design, scoping and development of projects on the Microsoft 365 and Azure platforms.
- Platform integration projects involving REST and SOAP API integration scripting.
- Ownership of all testing and development processes and environments.
- Work closely with all business departments to ensure quality and fit for purpose solutions.
- Assist with reproduction, troubleshooting and resolution of bugs and issues
- Create new automated tests and tasks and convert existing manual tests and tasks where applicable.
- Taking part in team activities such as stand-ups, planning sessions, demos, collaborative development and code-reviews
- Taking part in cross-team activities such as knowledge-sharing and documentation. CORE
COMPETENCIES Technical skills
- 3+ years’ experience as a software engineer.
- MS Power Automate
- MS Power BI
- MS Power Apps
- Powershell Scripting
- REST API scripting experience
- C# (or similar scripting) experience.
- Azure functional application (or similar) experience
- Advantageous \
- Experience as a technical engineer.
- Experience with technical administration.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Eager to learn new skills.
- Constantly improving current abilities.
- Team player with a can-do attitude.
- Organised and able to define and follow processes.
- Ability to multitask.
- Capable of working individually and as a part of the team.
- MUST have a passion for achieving excellence in solution quality and reliability.
- Microsoft certifications in the PL track