- Accountable for the test process implementation – Testing of the company’s platform to ensure that a quality system is delivered to our clients.
- Responsible for identifying test requirements.
- Project manage the User Acceptance Testing phase for each implementation.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the testing process and test methodologies.
- Manage activities during testing and ensure resolution of all defects.
- Develop and contribute to the overall testing strategy
- Participate in JAD sessions to extract requirements needed to compile test plans.
- Understand the Product and Business specifications and extract test requirements.
- Review test requirements with the test manager and business analyst.
- Design test cases and test scenarios based on analysis of business specifications.
- Provide estimates for completing test cases and execution.
- Build and maintain a repository of regression test cases.
- Work closely with the test manager and systems analysts to co-ordinate test activities and in so doing, ensure quality end results are achieved.
- Data capturing of the test cases used for manual testing.
- Perform functional, negative, positive and regression testing.
- Logging, tracking and resolution of defects on JIRA.
- Participate in reviewing team members’ work.
- Educate and coach junior team members.
- Resolve production queries with little or no support and provide junior team members with appropriate guidance in resolving the queries.
- Potentially manage a team of testers.
- Develop load, performance and stress testing plans
Personal Attributes and skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Must be willing to work overtime when required (including weekends where necessary)
- An openness to work with others and build on team input.
- Must have pride in their work and a desire to deliver perfection at all times. Quality is non-negotiable
- Able to establish a collaborative relationship with the systems area
- The individual must have a strong desire for self-learning
- Good work ethic
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 with mathematics, higher grade
- English, higher grade
- Relevant testing qualification
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working as a Test Analyst in the business user testing environment, applied knowledge and solid application of the correct testing methodologies required to perform end-to-end user acceptance testing
- Experience with regression, usability, sanity and functional testing methods
- Basic Excel
- Comfortable with figures and basic mathematical concepts
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience using JIRA
- Company product knowledge
- Experience with Appium, Selenium, Gatling, Fitnesse, TestRail and Hexawise